Monday, August 14, 2017

German Sauerkraut Soup

Growing up, I didn't like sauerkraut. Then one day I sauteed some sausage and threw in some onions and green peppers. On a whim, I added a can of sauerkraut. I've kind of liked it ever since. Now my youngest has become quite fond of the stuff, so when I told him I was going to make a soup with it, he got pretty excited.

German Sauerkraut Soup


2 onions, diced
3 carrots, sliced
3 celery ribs, sliced
4 c. vegetable broth
2 c. sliced mushrooms
About 5 potatoes, cubed (I don't peel, but feel free to if you prefer)
One can of vegan cream of mushroom soup (or homemade, if you have a favorite recipe)
One can sauerkraut
2 t. dill
Salt and pepper to taste

Add everything to a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and cook until potatoes are soft. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...